Here are a few tips to improve your brain studies.
- Area of study must be positioned in the center of the coil
- Animal must be close to the coil surface to maximize signal to noise
- Remember the olfactory bulbs! Transverse images should start in the ethmoturbinates and progress caudally to the first cervical segment
- Transverse planes should be perpendicular to the hard palate
- Images in the sagittal and dorsal planes should be perpendicular to the transverse planes
- There should always be a mid-sagittal image and not just a bunch of parasagittals that make up a sagittal study
- Human head coils will work for medium and large breed dogs, but need smaller coils for cats and toy breed dogs